Monday, January 17, 2011


Star Wars Jedi Master Yoda Necktie

Original Photograph by Jeffrey Hunter - copyright 2003

A Star Wars Necktie


This is a life size Yoda about 4 feet tall and he was as real as possible, almost C.G.I. Real "Official Licensed Star Wars Tie wear I will." I sell Star Wars neckties so this was a fun thing for me.  I love Star Wars but not the newer ones like I love the first three which became the last three numbers 4, 5 and 6. It is charming although confusing enough that Yoda talks backwards. I guess for a guy that is nostalgic making the prequels ruined something that had become a special thing for me. Now I was having to except a story that explains stuff that replaced my imagination of what was possible - the events before Luke Skywalker would ever hold a light saber in his hand.

You may be wondering how I was able to find Yoda let alone get the chance to tie the Star Wars Yoda Tie around his neck. That is easy; just down the street from where my home used to be in Imperial Beach there was a doughnut shop where the Jedi Master Yoda was very proudly but obscurely displayed high on top of a Coca Cola Machine.

Making Yoda look like he is in outer space was not as easy as finding him but I was able to fix all of that in Photo Shop. The blue vertical pattern is what was white vertical blinds and I have no idea how I did the rest of the background as this was back in 2003, but it sure is a convincing look me. I stood on a chair to take the shot as Yoda's master would not let me dare touch hum, ( yes this Yoda now has a master and he is just a Coca Cola master not a Jedi Master ). His value according to the doughnut shop owner was hundreds of millions as there were not many life size Yodas made and he somehow got his through a Star Wars Coca Cola campaign.

It was sad to see Yoda being bullied around by the doughnut man-  but heck this was Imperial Beach not Hollywood and not a long time ago in a galaxy far away either.

Check out our complete collection of Star Wars Ties, click here


Visit Ties.com to buy quallity neckties

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here