Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Marilyn Monroe Sexy Ties


Marilyn Monroe, American Cultural Icon
Marilyn Monroe, American Cultural Icon 
You have to be a daring guy to wear a sexy Marilyn Monroe collector tie.
Official collector Marilyn Monroe ties are not so easy to wear as they command great attention. See our Hollywood tie collection They may be so overwhelming, that these ties should possibly come with a warning label and a disclaimer. Seriously, I know this first hand as not only do I sell these ties, I wear them also.  Once at a special night I was so daring to wear one of the sexy Marilyn Monroe ties at the Irvine Spectrum Center which is the epicenter of ultra conservative Orange County, ( see the Big Pink Marilyn Monroe Portrait Necktie below ). 

The event highlighted the introduction of Dave and Buster's during an open house, party for the grand opening of the 2nd phase of the center; which was growing from an entertainment center to a shopping mall - entertainment center.  Not too miss an opportunity to promote my kiosk Too Sexie Ties which had quickly become the most popular necktie outlet south of Los Angeles, I wore my lucky grey Hugo Boss suit, a light blue Geoffrey Beene shirt, and the hot pink Marilyn Monroe necktie by Mark Abramhoff at Ralph Marlin.  Man, I tell you - I was on fire that night. 
Her sex appeal translates in the illustrations of several designs, part of a collection of Hollywood movie star neckties that have become collector items as they are no longer made. These are not just any “run of the mill” novelty ties; they are not modest in any way, designed to provocative, creating emotion that will be quite an attraction. Wearing a Marilyn Monroe necktie will not fare very well if you are shy, that is certain. These official Marilyn Monroe collector items are for men who dare to be noticed.

Marilyn Monroe was born on June 1, 1926 named Norma Jeane Mortenson, but was baptized as Norma Jeane Baker. She grew up mostly in foster homes, a humble childhood that would precede a career as a model, actress, and singer to become an American cultural icon and the most popular female performer of the 20th Century worldwide.

Marilyn Monroe - sexy as could be
Marilyn Monroe - sexy as could be
Her first film contract was in 1946 and in 1953 she had a leading role in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, and How to Marry a Millionaire, and also was the leading actress in 1955 Seven Year Itch. She started her own production company and received a David di Donatello award for The Prince and the Showgirl in 1957. In 1959 she was given a Golden Globe Award for best actress in Some Like It Hot.

In 1952 she graced the cover of Life Magazine which described her as the talk of Hollywood and in 1953 Hugh Hefner launched Play Boy Magazine with Monroe on the cover. She had become an American Sex Symbol which had strained her marriage to Joe DiMaggio, which lasted less than a year. The divorce from the ball player resulted from a media spectacle in which DiMaggio became infuriated at the shooting of the famed skirt blowing upward scene in Some Like It Hot. Her marriage to playwright Arthur Miller was tumultuous at times and ended in divorce after 4 years. She sung happy birthday in a very sexy manner to President John F. Kennedy on May 29, 1962, which seemed to suggest that there was something more to their relationship which was the subject of rumor. 

After her divorce from Miller she became withdrawn, and in 1961 entered a psychiatric clinic. She had been cast in a 20th Century Fox film, Something’s Got to Give but did not report according to the filming schedule and was dismissed.  High profile publicity ventures included an interview with Cosmopolitan, and photographed for Vogue shooting some nudes of which were published after her death.

Cover of Playboy Magazine
Cover of Playboy Magazine
At only 36 years old, on August 5th 1962, she was found dead of an overdose of sleeping pills – an apparent suicide. The New York Times Front Page eerily exclaimed, “Marilyn Monroe takes the pill and goes to sleep forever.”

Visit our on-line retail store to see our Marilyn Monroe necktie collection at www.nicetiestore.com

Check out this great Marilyn Monroe site with awesome picture galleries and quotes

The Ultimate Marilyn Monroe page at Squidoo

Happy Birthday Mr. President Video

Never Before Published Pictures of Marilyn Monroe - Life Magazine

Andy Warhol's Marilyn Monroe Prints

Marilyn Monroe on Wikipedia.         

Marilyn Monroe as beautiful
Marilyn Monroe as beautiful
as possible
Michelle Morgan's Marilyn Monroe biography

Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend

Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend










Sexy Marilyn Monroe Ties
Sexy Marilyn Monroe Ties


Official Licensed Marilyn Monroe Collector Ties
Official Licensed Marilyn Monroe Collector Ties


Marilyn Monroe
Marilyn Monroe
Some quotes about Marilyn Monroe from famous people
"It may sound peculiar to say so, because she is no longer with us, but we were very close. Once when we were doing that picture together, I got a call on the set: my younger daughter had had a fall. I ran home and the one person to call was Marilyn. She did an awful lot to boost things up for movies when everything was at a low state; they'll never be anyone like her for looks, for attitude, for all of it," Betty Grable

"She once got her life so balled up that the studio hired a full-time secretary maid for her. So Marilyn soon got the secretary as balled up as she was, and she ended up waiting on the secretary, instead of vice-verse," Jane Russell

"She represents to man something we all want in our unfulfilled dreams. She's the girl you'd like to double-cross your wife with. A man, he's got to be dead not to be excited by her,"  Jean Negulesco

"Marilyn Monroe's unique charisma was the force that caused distant men to think that if only a well-intention-ed, understanding person like me could have known her, she would have been all right. In death, it has caused women who before resented her frolicsome sexuality to join in the unspoken plea she leaves behind - the simple, noble wish to be taken seriously,"   Time magazine

"She will go on eternally,"   Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"She seemed to have a kind of unconscious glow about her physical self that was innocent, like a child. When she posed nude, it was 'Gee, I am kind of, you know, sort of dishy,' like she enjoyed it without being egotistical,"   Elizabeth Taylor

"She had such magnetism that if 15 men were in a room with her, each man would be convinced he was the one she'd be waiting for after the others left,"  Publicist Roy Craft

"It was impossible to think of Marilyn Monroe except as Cinderella,"   Diana Trilling

"Marilyn is a dreamy girl. She's the kind who's liable to show up with one red shoe and one black shoe,"   Jane Russell

"When you look at Marilyn on the screen, you don’t want anything bad to happen to her. You really care that she should be all right… happy,"    Natalie Wood

Marilyn Monroe
Marilyn Monroe

Noteworthy Marilyn Monroe Quotes

“Hollywood's a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss, and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty cents.”

“What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No.5, of course,”  Marilyn Monroe to Sidney Skolsky, 1952

“It's like salt on a steak. All you need is a little bit of it,”  Marilyn Monroe on jealousy, 1952

“I don't mind this being a man's world-as long as I can be a woman in it.”

“I am trying to prove to myself that I am a person. Then maybe I'll convince myself that I am an actress.”

“I never quite understood it - this sex symbol-I always thought symbols were those things you clash together! That's the trouble, a sex symbol is a thing. But if I'm going to be the symbol of something, I'd rather have it sex than some other things they've got symbols of!”

“It isn't necessary to use your voice in any special way (to sound sexy). If you think something sexy the voice just naturally goes along. I've given pure sex appeal very little thought. If I had to think about it, I'm sure it would frighten me.”

“I used to say to myself, 'What the devil have you got to be proud about, Marilyn Monroe?' And I'd answer, 'Everything, everything,' and I'd walk slowly and turn my head slowly as if I were a queen.”

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left."

"I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love."

"I live to succeed, not to please you or anyone else."

"We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle."

"Diamonds are a girls best friend."

"Who said nights were for sleep?"
Marilyn Monroe Vanity Fair Cover
Marilyn Monroe Vanity Fair Cover

"I'm pretty but I'm not beautiful."

"It's all make believe, isn't it."

"A man who can't handle me at my worst doesn't deserve me at me best."

"Sex is part of nature. I go along with nature."

"A sex symbol becomes a thing. I hate being a thing."

"Well behaved women rarely make history."

"I have too many fantasies to be a housewife.... I guess I am a fantasy."

 "If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything."

"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."

"Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage,
she has to hold him to make love to him."

"Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world." 

Marilyn Monroe Seven Year Itch
Marilyn Monroe Seven Year Itch
"Dreaming about being an actress, is more exciting then being one."

"I learned to walk as a baby and I haven't had a lesson since."

"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot!" 





Visit Ties.com to buy quallity neckties

1 comment :

  1. I love Marilyn Monroe and will visit your store to buy a tie for my boyfriend. I will wear it if he will not. Great article and really great photos Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here